Sunday, June 21, 2009

Marie-France & Justin Wedding

Marie-France & Justin's wedding was a wonderful backyard affair despite the rain. When I arrived, I wasn't met with the usual bunch of hectic array, but rather a calm bride, happy to be getting married.

Above you see the bride finishing up her own bouquets. And below, well, need I say more...they were gorgeous!

Marie-France's wedding was what I'd call "simple elegance". She looked so beautiful.








Despite the rain all day, it didn't dampen anyone's spirits.


And below you'll see the ringbearer! He did a great job. He came with the rings on hand "or paw" with a quick call from the Bride. Isn't the ringbearer sweet!

The proud parents of the Bride and the Groom.


After the ceremony, the guests celebrated the joy and gave congratulations by throwing bird seed....I'd like to have seen their back yard in the morning! (lol)
Can you imagine how many birds would have shown up late for the wedding! (haha)


Marie-France and Justin had told me earlier that their first date was on a tour of the islands on the Gananoque Boat Line. So when we arrived at the dock, we were in luck. One of the boats was docked waiting to board passengers. So we took a few shots in the background, and then I asked the crew if we could board for a photo...and of course they said yes! Who could say no to any hopeless romantic!




We decided to go inside the Boat Museaum to take a few shots out of the rain. We certainly made the staff's day. Because of the rain, there was nobody around and we had the place to ourselves.

We also went into the art gallery! to our surprise, rather than paintings on the wall, we had painted plastered body women's body parts...it was quite comical capturing a romantic moment of this lovely couple in this setting! I wonder what the artist would think?!




I love silouettes...and in the background,you can faintly see the boat they had just been on leaving the dock...I wonder if there were any other couples going out on their first date. Funny, it's one of the first things I did when I came to Gananoque with my husband.




Bert's Catering did a fantastic job on the food!

The Bridge & Groom had set up these little bells on the tables for the guests to ring whenever they wanted the B&G to kiss....but here, you can see they turned the tables. By the end of the evening, they had called out everyone's name. There was a lot of lovin' and kissin' going on that night. I thought it was such an amazing thing for this couple to do...celebrating not only their love for each other, but the love for each person in the room.


2 comments:

Sir Seb said...

Those pictures are fantastic. And as you say somewhere in this page, nobody seemed to be bothered by the rain. Spirit was up and we had a lot of fun.

I'm very curious to see the rest.

Regards,

Sebastien Roy (Nathalie's boyfriend)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Sandra for the post! I'm already getting a million compliments.

You were so awesome throughout the wedding. Me and Justin had a great time and Justin doesn't even like taking pictures! I wasn't sure about the poses you were making me do... but the pictures look amazing.

Can't wait to see more! Leaving on our honeymoon in two days!!! Woohoo!

Marie-France (Bride)